Introduction to Handguns
A course for persons new to shooting with handguns.
This course will provide new and inexperienced shooters with an introduction to the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to own and use a handgun safely.
Topics to be covered are:
- Handgun Safety
- Introduction to Types of Handguns
- Parts and Operation
- Types of Ammunition
- Mechanics of Shooting a Handgun
- Overview of Cleaning and Storage of a Handgun
- Discussion of Training Activities
Gear and Ammunition Requirements
- Handgun and owner’s manual (if available)
- 50 rounds brass cased or nickel over brass cased target ammunition (for use in live fire range practice)
NOTE: All items for sale or rent in our Pro-Shop. Please inquire at 717-227-9060
Note: Each class consists of approximately 2 hours classroom instruction followed by approximately an hour in the range with the instructor assisting and supervising each of the participants as they fire their handgun.
If you question the appropriateness of this course as relates to your experience level, please contact us.
A participant may bring their personal handgun with 50 rounds brass cased or nickel over brass cased target ammunition for use in the range portion of this course. If a participant does not own a handgun, one may be rented for an average $15.00 fee per person use plus tax and the cost of 50 rounds of ammunition. Ammunition cost will vary depending on the caliber of handgun selected.