Building on the material learned in Introduction to Handguns, this course provides the student with even more foundational skills necessary to progress to our more advanced courses.
Builds on the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely.
PRE-REQUISITE: Introduction to Handguns or other basic handgun training from civilian or military training class.
- Pistol Knowledge and Safe Gun Handling
- Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting
- Two-Handed and One-Handed Standing Shooting Positions
- The actual cleaning of a handgun is completed during this course.
Gear and Ammunition Requirements
- 100 rounds live ammunition (for use during live fire exercises on range only)
NOTE: All items for sale or rent in our Pro-Shop. Please inquire at 717-227-9060
Note:This five hour class is offered on designated Sundays 12:30-5:30pm. Additional range time may be desirable for students to develop skills prior to advancing to Freedom Armory Handguns 3 / In Home Defense course
If you question the appropriateness of this course as relates to your experience level, please contact us.