Introduction to Handguns
A course for persons new to shooting with handguns.
Provides beginning shooters with an introduction to the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to own and use a handgun safely.
Topics to be covered are:
- Introduction to Types of Handguns, Safety, and Operation
- Introduction to Types of Ammunition and Mechanics of Pistol
- Shooting, Stance, Grip, and Trigger Pull
- Overview of Cleaning and Storage of a Handgun
Gear and Ammunition Requirements
- Handgun and owner’s manual (if available)
- 50 rounds brass cased or nickel over brass cased target ammunition (for use in live fire range practice)
- Eye/Ear protection (loaners available to class participants)
NOTE: All items for sale or rent in our Pro-Shop. Please inquire at 717-227-9060
Note: This three hour course includes two hours in class room instruction followed by approximately one hour in the range, applying the shooting principles learned and demonstrated in the classroom.