Advanced Carbine Course
Develop tactical skills and the fighting mindset required to use your carbine rifle effectively when it matters most!
Designed to develop skills for the student who uses their weapon in a tactical environment; to familiarize, build confidence in your rifle skills, and to develop the fighting mindset. Most courses teach marksmanship and shooting; this is a fighting course that emphasizes combat skills with the rifle. An intense amount of correct repetition will hone the skills needed to master fundamentals to the point where students can instinctively, and confidently, operate their rifle in a hostile environment. Civilians, law enforcement officers, and experienced military operators who rely on their rifle to keep them alive will benefit from the material in this course.
Techniques will include, but are not limited to:
- Basic rifle zero theories
- Basic rifle configurations and accessories
- Fundamentals of shooting
- Positional shooting techniques
- Precision shooting techniques
- Fighting from positions of cover
- Rifle reloading techniques
- Malfunction clearance techniques
- Optic failure drills
- Multiple threat engagements
- Distance shooting
Gear and Ammunition Requirements
- 300 rounds of ammunition
- Semi-automatic rifle
- At least 3 magazines
- Magazine holders
- Sling for the rifle
- Billed or brimmed hat
- Eye and ear protection
NOTE: All items for sale or rent in our Pro-Shop. Please inquire at 717-227-9060
- AR series (AR-15, M-16, M-4, etc.)
- HK series (33, 53, 93, etc.)
- AK series (47, 74, or 100 series)
- Mini 14
- M1-A (M-14 style)
- Sig 550 series, etc.
If you question the appropriateness of this course as relates to your experience level, please contact us.