Introduction to Shotguns
Explores the fundamentals for both new and experienced shooters providing a hands-on introduction to safe handling and familiarization to a personal shotgun or a rental shotgun. This course is at least three hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot a specific model shotgun at a target.
Topics to be covered are:
- Shotgun Safety
- Shotgun Functioning and Ballistics
- Gun Handling and Shooting Fundamentals
- Target Acquisition
- Correct Firing Positions
- Overview of Cleaning and Storage
Gear and Ammunition Requirements
- Personal Shotgun or Rental Shotgun
- Slugs – minimum 1 box (5)
- Eye / Ear protection (loaners available to class participants)
NOTE: All items typically available for sale or rent in our Pro-Shop. Please inquire at 717-227-9060
This course includes two hours in classroom instruction followed by approximately one hour in the range applying the shooting principles learned and demonstrated in the classroom.